Wednesday, February 1, 2012

MR. JIMMY JOHN'S





(  I bullet point the important stuff..if you want to skip thru :)

  • So, I had a date tonight with a Pot. He's from Texas...he travels here for business. He could only meet at night (I have a to do a post about my growing pains and the night date from hell) so I suggested Star Bucks...I hate Star Bucks I've never been there for a date before becuase I hate the smell of coffee (I know Im the only one in the world..lol....p.s. I hate chocolates to).
What I planned on wearing: I wanted to wear a sweater dress and a cute black pair of shoe boots with a pair of hand painted  footless tights.... they are  so FLY....I know some may think this is way to dressy for Star Bucks put thats how I dress everyday.


What I ended up wearing: Sweater dress, hand painted footless tights, these nine west mid calf cowboy boots (dressy...they don't look anything like how they sound...not western at all just the shape with middle out) . 
I wasn't able to wear what I wanted because I ended up leaving for my date from  my sister's house. I forgot everything...but thank GOD I had accessories in my trunk..lol (I know I cant be the only one with a whole wardrobe in their car..lol) 
I pulled it all together at the last second and had no socks to match to go in the shoe boots and u could see the whole front of my foot and leg in the boots. I was pissed at myself because I hate getting dressed at other people's houses! 


My hair I did Last night: I straightened my hair (I have natural curly hair) then curled it really tightly... pin curled (while still hot helps hold the curl).
 I did two types of curls in my hair a regular spiral and a wand curl/wave (with the curling irons upside down)  then brushed out the curls (just spirls near face) side part. I have  length4 shades of blonde to cooper ) ombre color in my hair that I've been trying to decide if I'm going to recolor or let it grow out. So right I have 5 colors with my natural color half the length of my hair (blonde almost gone)... but it's really cute.
By so I figure I have plenty of time because hair was done....I wore my hair in the pin curls all day until date. When I took the pin curls down my ends frizzed because of the weather. 


**Starting here you can read as normal:


My sister lives two-4 exits away from the meeting place and I even had a back up restaurant if he wanted to go. 

  • What happened :

I had to redo my hair. I had to drive like a bat out of hell to the coffee shop (I told him I missed my exit..lol..men assume were bad with directions anyway..lol). I arrived and he says Star Bucks is packed. Do you want to go and eat...sure I say...I'm prepared for this..right.....wrong!


I say there is a Nice restaurant across the road.... follow me..lol
We get over there and the restaurant had been moved...yes moved! lol


*I'm already embarrassed because I hate being late for a first date with a POT. 


So, he follows me and I can't find it at all...like how can u up and move a 5 star restaurant out of the area that your clients know u for. lol
So, I drive my car to Jimmy John's lol ....you read right ...Jimmy John's. He says I'm buying and this is the restaurant you want to go to? lol "No, I replied but I don't want to waste not one more second of your time."
He says follow me... I saw some nice restaurants (what he thought were nice because of the names but they were sports bars..lol). We pulled over in front of the new Sonic...lol..I said how is Sonic better then Jimmy John's..lol. 
I told him ok I know of a place it's near the mall and its upscale (I live literally  5 miles down the road...I don't like meeting POTS. near my house) so we went to the restaurant and they tell us 25 mins.


So we wait and chat and he was cool as hell..of course he poked fun of me and Jimmy John's (which will be his new name) and we laughed. 
White restaurant and this mid to late 40 year old man (cute) with this young black girl in suburbia.. lol
Imagine the loooooooooks we were getting lol...I loved it because his chest was poking out...lol.


We had so much in common we watch all of the same shows  and laughed until our stomachs hurt. It was the best pot date I've been on since Canada...lol it's the first Pot. date I've been on since Canada...lol 


So, at the end of the night he walks me to my car and he says "You are beautiful." I say thank you. He says no you don't understand you are really beautiful...I say thank you again. I mean you are really beautiful. I say thank you.  He say do you understand that you are extremely beautiful... I say( LOL)....YEAH I KNOW! LAFMO. 


I mean what was I supposed to say right... I said thank you a million times already..lol


He says you could get anyone that you wanted and you chose to go out with me. Why?
I told him that he handsome and a really great guy and he's also a catch. He couldn't understand why I would want to date him (the man is handsome and doesn't have low self-esteem from what I could see on the date). 


So, after I said that he says I would love to become your S.D. and I will call you tomorrow say we can workout the arrangements. 
Now, I know I told my girl Lisa (check out her blog) today that I was going to try to a new method to eliminate the "time wasters" as she says. But, I didn't (head hanging low) sorry girl...lol
I told her earlier that on dates from now on I would see if there is chemistry, then date, then hand over account number to wire. I will hopefully talk to him tomorrow and close the deal with the dollars (stinky face). 
Next, Date I will try it.


So what started off as being a horrible date ...solely on my part...ended up being a really great evening and even if I never hear from him again I really enjoyed myself (which I haven't been able to say on to many dates with Pots....they were nice but I never really had a ball...even though I try because I'm extremely silly).


With all that being said....we all know I hope I landed this deal/account..lol


I'll keep you posted....we know how the sugar bowl can be and there is no need to be excited...yet (I'm a very positive person)!    :) 


But, I've learned from my mistakes...AND.... I'm not officially anyone's S.B. until there is money in the bank...lol
 Can I get an AMEN?!




Moral of story: Don't let set backs while preparing or during a date change how you present yourself...u never know u may just turn things around, after all :)





Beware the man who doesn't ask you any questions about yourself on your first
date
.


  -Merrill Markoe quotes 



                          SMOOCHIES****



No comments:

Post a Comment