Monday, January 23, 2012

How To Dress 4 A First Date In The Winter!

      
When I got into the sugary game I had absolutely no idea what to wear I would google and Youtube in search of clothing to wear on a first date...but no results. I just recently started wearing makeup so I had to learn how to do that on top of my nerves. My clothing was to fly/fashionable for a regualr man to appreciate (way to flashy).

So, I came up with a standard look. When going to a dinner date at night or day dates  (winter) I wear a cute non-clunky sweater dresses. I think sweater/wrap dresses are like the little black dresses of the winter. You can dress sweater dresses up or down with the change of your accessories (scrunch knee boots would be good for day and pumps or pointy toe boots for night).My love with sweater dresses started when I was about 2 years old (seriously I have pictures to prove it lol). You can get sweater dresses in any color style and or length.

If you are to wear a short sexy dress then pair it with Opaque tights..this will let you get away with wearing short dresses without looking like a hoe (excuse my french), cute boots or pump with understated accessories. Let the dress do the talking for you!

Try to stay away from trends...what we as women think is cute isn't necessarly what men find attractive.

 I will show more first date tips..during that season and also the traveling babe attire. I will do another post about grooming hair, nails (Im a managing nail tech.),makeup, bikini area,....
If you want any other tips let me know and I'll do a post.
           
O...and if you would want to stay at home and DO yourself...then I'm sure a Potential will want to also..haha
I hope that this helps!



                  * Winter Looks*


Sweater Dress
You cant go wrong. You can find cheap ones (for the budget friendly diva) anywhere  1 of my favorites came from walmart..I know right! It doesn't matter if your a plus size sugar or a petite (like me) sweater dresses come in different styles.
*Tip:If its snowy outside I would pair these dresses with a cute pair of stelletto pointy toe boots and opaque stockings/tights. Keep your accessories to a limit ladies!

Wrap Dress
Is great for any shape...it tends to balance any body type out and distract and bring attention to the right areas.

Pencial Skirt                                               Your best friend is a pencial skirt! They come in a variety of colors and patterns. They are flattering to the eyes. I think it gives men a "office affair" fantasy..lol



 *I am the pop of color queen. If you wear a solid color I recommend bringing in a pop of color through your accessories. I love printed tights, unique belts, crazy necklaces.



 Jeans

 Jeans are great for a day meeting at like coffee shops. Just make sure that the jeans lift your ass up not flatten it out. The look is a round backside. I like to get up and go to the bathroom at least once when I know I have him under my spell...so he can check out my ass of course..lol




*Tips: don't be affraid to make these looks your own. Pair it with a cute printed scarf or take the belt that comes with the coat or dress and replace it with a cute waist clenching belt.
Coats
You coat in the winter is the first impression of you when men see you (keep in mind that I live in the Midwest). A well paired coat and outfit shows a pot. that you aren't a force to be reckened with! Your fly and if he's cheap then he needs to keep it movin'!


    Shoes &Boots                            
A great shoe says alot about who you are as a women. Don't believe me ask a fashionable man. Men love women who keep their feet in tack. So, if you can't afford a new pair of boots work what you have! Just make sure that you shine them up before you date and there are no scuff marks.



*Tips: If you invest in a great pair of shoes they will last you for a lifetime! Manmade shoes are nice to but I don't know if you can get them repaired (if anyone has let me know). So, invest in a great leather pair in basic colors that you can always pair with all clothing. 
You can have fun with shoes so don't be affraid to spice it up with your shoes! Pops of color in a shoe or creative fun materials on a shoe or boot is a great way to take a boring color palete and give it some w 
A nude pump should be a staple in your closet (I don't have any yet but it's on my list of things to do)

 Here is Kim K. with some of the clothing Items mentioned..Opaque tights, wrap dress,nude pumps, accessories to a limit.

Quote: Remember K.I.S.S.= Keep it simple, Stupid!.

3 comments:

  1. the key is to be sexy yet classy and elegant at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. During the winter unless I'm meeting someone for like a fancy dinner or at a steakhouse I leave the dresses at home. A nice pair of jeans, nice blazer, cute top, and a pair of stilettos will do you wonders!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree. You can throw a blazer over anything and it will pull it all together :)

    Thank you for reading and commenting

    ReplyDelete